9th July 2021
Good Friday Afternoon Everyone!
We hope and pray that you are all doing well? Please don’t hesitate to use the secretary email etc. to let us know of any prayer needs. Graeme has updated his personal note from last week and you can find it at the end of this update if you’d like to read it.
Here is the plan AT THIS STAGE for Sunday.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE AUGUSTA STREET HUB THIS SUNDAY (11TH JULY 2021). THERE WILL BE NO GATHERING DUE TO NSW HEALTH’S DECISION TO EXTEND THE STAY – AT – HOME PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS UNTIL MIDNIGHT FRIDAY JULY 16TH.
As we have been doing so far, we will pre-record a ‘stay-at-home gathering’, as ‘uncut’ as is authentically possible, which will be posted up onto our YouTube Channel for a 10am start ON SUNDAY MORNING and the link to the broadcast will appear on our Facebook page prior to 10am as it would normally each week for viewing from 10am and ANYTIME thereafter via the YOUTUBE LINK on the FB page.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PLEASE SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE, TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL (THANKS TO THE MANY OF US WHO NOW HAVE). Those who are already subscribed will probably get a notification about Sunday morning’s broadcast once it is scheduled. Thanks church family. Let’s just keep being responsible in our community space and be seen to be responsible AS WELL AS being representations of Jesus’ TRUTH and LIGHT.
Please read on for some other information about the mission for now and keep watching for updates about what’s next.
THE FOLLOWING ARE A FEW THINGS TO NOTE AND OR BE PRAYING ABOUT
- Firstly, we are THANKFUL for all the answered prayers that often go unnoticed. Thank you, Lord, for Your faithfulness.
- Secondly, each and EVERY week we pray for each other and our brothers and sisters representing the region’s body of Christ as Jesus prayed 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. We know this is a season when we will need to be combat ready and so we pray for each other that we would stand firm in the victory Christ won for us.
- Thirdly each week we pray for the New Season of Mission Effort – we pray for the continued outworking of the commissioning as your servants work out with you, each calling, metron and scope of mission over these coming weeks.
- Programming Challenges – we pray for all our local missionaries (new team members). People like Reuben, Ana and Emma, who are trying to pre-prayer ways to engage with the harvest fields they are called to. Pray for discernment in the Spirit and wisdom from heaven about more excellent ways to engage souls in times where ‘normal’ pathways seem blocked to varying degrees.
- Jacki’s grandson Jahmiel – we pray with Jacki and her family for complete healing for her recently born grandson Jahmiel. He has been in an ICU in Finland. We praise the Lord that the doctors have identified the cause of our little mate’s neural inconsistencies and so we are continuing to ask the Lord for these to be swiftly corrected. We may have an update to pass on in Sunday’s broadcast.
- Jono & Nicky – We continue to pray for wisdom and discernment as Jono and Nicky prepare for the new work in the south known as ‘The Sanctuary’, particularly as they re-think dates and times for the Prayer and Prophetic Event. We pray for strength and health for them and their whole family and in particular we are praying for Jono’s son Jacob as he works through some significant challenges and for Jake’s mum Renee who is in need of our prayer support.
- James Woolley – is seeking prayer for someone close to him who is experiencing thoughts of self-harm. Please pray, uniting your faith with James for this precious girl who needs a touch from heaven.
- Leen, Alyssa & Heidi – what a privilege for us to be able to pray for this fantastic little family during our commissioning. They are preparing in earnest for the 8-9 months from July, for the journey via Alyssa’s home in America and Leen’s home in Holland, to Jordan by late February – early March 2022. UPDATE: THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS – AFTER AN EXTENDED JOURNEY, THE FAMILY IS SETTLED WITH ALYSSA’S PARENTS IN AMARILLO, TEXAS. THEY ARE DOING WELL, ENJOYING BEING WITH FAMILY. WE WILL MAKE THEIR NEWSLETTER UPDATES ACCESSIBLE ASAP. (NB: Amarillo is in the far NW corner of Texas, due west of Oklahoma City – and out of Hurricane Elsa’s corridor) Please keep upholding this family in prayer.
- Maree & Mark – Haven’t received any more recent updates so we continue to pray with Maree for a BIG work decision and thanking Father God, in faith, for the clarity she IS receiving as she seeks to align with God’s calling for the next phase of her journey. We continue to pray for Maree’s brother-in-law Robert and for Mark and Maree’s friend Jim, both of whom need a touch of heaven’s healing power. A RECENT UPDATE ON Jim said he was in pain but progressing. Please pray.
- John & Margaret – Travelling slowly through the northwest of QLD. Last week they tuned in to our broadcast from Julia Creek which is east of Mt Isa and Cloncurry. They are well and send their love. We pray they continue to have a refreshing, re-energizing, safe and healthy time away.
- Murray & Julie Harris and the Food for Life Community Care team – we are privileged to serve the church and community through food hamper distribution each and every Thursday morning. Please pray particularly for the increased work during the ‘stay – at – home’ weeks AND for their supplies to stretch accordingly. F4L is considered an essential service. We ask God’s guiding and merciful hand through all the decision making, stock levels and for the teams at each delivery point – including our very own team on Thursday mornings. (see quick announcement below)
- Other Prayers – Of course, we continue to pray for our church family who have needed prayer support over recent months; Dot, Harry, Joy, Elsie, Ken, Josie, Linda, Kylie, Nicky, Dragan, June, Heather, Andrew, Judy, Betro and Soyoung and others of our family who are in need of a touch from heaven AND we of course pray for safe journeys and refreshing times for those of our family whom we know are still traveling at present, recently returned or are just about to venture off.
- Please keep praying for all of the wonderful people connected with our church family as we stand together during this new season of the battle for souls. We thank God for His encouragement, His healing touch and His mercy, grace and protection.
- Of course if you have any thing you feel confident to ask us to SHARE in prayer for, please call, send a text or email Gary on 0412 461 837 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and he will faithfully engage our network of pray-ers.
PRAYER & PROPHETIC EVENT UPDATE – ‘THE SANCTUARY’ Stay tuned across our various communication channels for updates to the times and dates for ‘The Sanctuary’ launch event ‘Prayer and Prophetic’, previously scheduled for July 17th. ‘The Sanctuary’ is a new church plant work commissioned from CCC, targeting unharvested fields in the Southern Illawarra. Jono and Nicky have informed us that the event will ‘probably’ be re-scheduled due to the current NSW Health orders so we’ll pass on the changes, if any, as soon as confirmations come to hand.
FOOD FOR LIFE REQUEST FOR EXTRA HELP As mentioned in the previous prayer point, the food hamper delivery service that we are committed to serving is regarded as an essential service. Due to the increased demand for hampers during the ‘stay – at – home’ season, Murray has asked if ANYONE who can stand for a while and do routine tasks as part of a team WHILST WEARING A MASK, might be able to give some time to help packing fruit and veg boxes at the 6 Sylvester Avenue Unanderra warehouse, on Mondays each week for a few hours from 12midday. Give Murray a call if you’d like to help, whether one time or regularly! His number is 0409 020 686.
HOPE & FUTURE PROJECT FUNDRAISING CONCERT – SATURDAY 17th JULY 2021
Still going ahead at this stage …. Our partners in ministry, Gordon, Helen and the Team at Port Kembla Baptist Church, support war orphans in Uganda by paying for a group of children to be safely accommodated at a boarding school, receive provision of personal effects and tuition towards a complete education.
‘The Dark Side’ is a renowned Pink Floyd COVER band from Sydney who have offered a one-night concert from 7.30pm on Saturday July 17th at the Wollongong City Diggers Club (82 Church Street, Wollongong).
ALL PROFITS from the show will go to the Hope & Future Project and tickets are on sale now from here.
Love & blessings
On behalf of the Team
An Updated Personal Note from Graeme …….
Thank you again for your prayer support and patience during this challenging time. I am improving all the time and I have been able to make a dent in some of the things needing to be addressed but I ask for a little more grace, particularly from those of you who have regular weekly or fortnightly appointments with me.
We will re-visit these schedules over the next week, if that’s OK with you all. I need to continue to stay offline as much as is possible these next few days, to get some urgent things concluded and to also have some time to help shape what’s possible to proceed with regarding our Sunday gathering this week. So, if you keep getting an out of office type reply or even silence from me when you try to contact me, PLEASE don’t be concerned or frustrated. I apologize for the short-term inconvenience, and I assure you we will return to good and open communication ASAP.
Don’t forget, if it’s something urgent, you can contact Heather via the secretary email address, and she will do her best to help on OUR collective behalf.
Thanks for your many kind words, encouragements and prayers; and I ask you to keep praying for and encouraging each other the best we can so we can get through this challenging time with our eyes and hearts fixed on Christ’s glory and on His purpose.
For now, be assured that I am praying for YOU, and will respond in more normal ways as soon as I can.