16th July 2021
Good Friday Afternoon Everyone!
We hope and pray that you are all doing well? Please don’t hesitate to use the secretary email etc. to let us know of any prayer needs, particularly as the stay-at-home orders from NSW Health have been extended to 30th July. The case locations have also been increased to include Fairy Meadow / Mt Ousley Gateway McDonalds. You can check the NSW Case locations and advice here
Here is the plan AT THIS STAGE for THIS Sunday.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE AUGUSTA STREET HUB THIS SUNDAY (18TH JULY 2021). THERE WILL BE NO GATHERING AND THE HUB WILL REMAIN CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC – WHICH INCLUDES THE COMMUNITY GROUPS WHO USE OUR FACILITIES, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE …..
As we have been doing so far, we will pre-record a ‘stay-at-home gathering’, as ‘uncut’ as is authentically possible, which will be posted up onto our YouTube Channel for a 10am start ON SUNDAY MORNING and the link to the broadcast will appear on our Facebook page prior to 10am as it would normally each week for viewing from 10am and ANYTIME thereafter via the YOUTUBE LINK on the FB page.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PLEASE SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE, TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL (THANKS TO THE MANY OF US WHO NOW HAVE). Those who are already subscribed will probably get a notification about Sunday morning’s broadcast once it is scheduled. Thanks church family. Let’s just keep being responsible in our community space and be seen to be responsible as representations of Jesus’ TRUTH and LIGHT.
Please read on for some other information about the mission for now and keep watching for updates about what’s next.
THE FOLLOWING ARE A FEW THINGS TO NOTE AND OR BE PRAYING ABOUT
SETTING UP FOR CONSISTENT ONLINE INTERACTION AND EQUIPPING Graeme is currently recording brief YouTube videos of the H.O.P.E. Project devotions on the church’s YouTube channel as a first step towards using the channel for a growing library of teaching resources that will fuel our mission effort. It is hoped that this will increase access to the biblical underpinning of the mission God has called us into through simple audio and visual inputs that can be used as discussion starters and a prayer focus for your household, and for you and work mates if you are still having to visit workplaces and or other spheres of your involvement as they open up after the current stay at home orders are concluded.
Graeme has also opened a ZOOM account and guidelines as to how to engage with him for equipping / training opportunities as we adapt all we need to so we can keep up the momentum of this season, will be forthcoming. We’ll update you with details as resources become available.
One of our Associate Ministers, Jono Hyratt, is also posting brief weekly devotions up onto The Sanctuary Facebook page as they prepare for engaging with their target harvest field in and through the Southern Illawarra. You can find the Monday devotions here
PRAYER & PROPHETIC EVENT UPDATE – ‘THE SANCTUARY’ Stay tuned across our various communication channels for updates to the times and dates for ‘The Sanctuary’ launch event ‘Prayer and Prophetic’, previously scheduled for July 17th. ‘The Sanctuary’ is a new church plant work commissioned from CCC, targeting unharvested fields in the Southern Illawarra. Jono and Nicky have informed us that the event will ‘probably’ be re-scheduled AFTER the current NSW Health orders are concluded so we’ll pass on the changes, if any, as soon as confirmations come to hand.
FOOD FOR LIFE REQUEST FOR EXTRA HELP As mentioned in the previous prayer point, the food hamper delivery service that we are committed to serving is regarded as an essential service. Due to the increased demand for hampers during the ‘stay – at – home’ season, Murray has asked if ANYONE who can stand for a while and do routine tasks as part of a team WHILST WEARING A MASK, might be able to give some time to help packing fruit and veg boxes at the 6 Sylvester Avenue Unanderra warehouse, on Mondays each week for a few hours from 12midday AND some other days during the week as well. Give Murray a call if you’d like to help, whether one time or regularly! His number is 0409 020 686. (see our Facebook page for a recent post about hamper pick up and how you can access this service)
WEEKLY PASTORAL PRAYER UPDATE A Few Extra Prayer points from around our family and extended network family this week as Graeme contacted 100 or so people this week to see how they were going and to offer prayer if needed. Only those prayer needs that are able to be shared are listed here …
- Firstly, we are THANKFUL for all the answered prayers that often go unnoticed. Thank you, Lord, for Your faithfulness.
- Secondly, each and EVERY week we pray for each other and our brothers and sisters representing the region’s body of Christ as Jesus prayed 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. We know this is a season when we will need to be combat ready and so we pray for each other that we would stand firm in the victory Christ won for us.
- Thirdly each week we pray for the New Season of Mission Effort – we pray for the continued outworking of the commissioning as your servants work out with you, each calling, metron and scope of mission over these coming weeks.
- Programming Challenges – we pray for all our local missionaries (new team members). People like Reuben, Ana and Emma, David and Andrew, who are trying to pre-prayer ways to engage with the harvest fields they are called to. Pray for discernment in the Spirit and wisdom from heaven about more excellent ways to engage souls in times where ‘normal’ pathways seem blocked to varying degrees.
- Jacki’s grandson Jahmiel – we pray with Jacki and her family for complete healing for her recently born grandson Jahmiel. He has been in an ICU in Finland. We praise the Lord that the doctors have identified the cause of our little mate’s neural inconsistencies and the last we heard, it was likely he’d be sent home. We continue to seek God’s care and protection for this brave little man and his family.
- Jono & Nicky – We continue to pray for wisdom and discernment as Jono and Nicky prepare for the new work in the south known as ‘The Sanctuary’, particularly as they re-think dates and times for the Prayer and Prophetic Event. We pray for strength and health for them and their whole family and in particular we are praying for Jono’s son Jacob as he works through some significant challenges, for the mental health care system to be engaged and provide wise counsel and for Jake’s mum Renee who is in need of our prayer support.
- John & Margaret – Travelling slowly through the northwest of QLD. No update to share. We pray they continue to have a refreshing, re-energizing, safe and healthy time away.
- Murray & Julie Harris and the Food for Life Community Care team – we are privileged to serve the church and community through food hamper distribution each and every Thursday morning. Please pray particularly for the increased hamper preparation work during the ‘stay – at – home’ weeks AND for their supplies to stretch accordingly. F4L is considered an essential service. We ask God’s guiding and merciful hand through all the decision making, stock levels and for the teams at each delivery point – including our very own team on Thursday mornings.
- Scripture Teachers – we pray for our teachers Clara, Dal and Leanne (also chaplain CHS), for Nathan who is the Field Development Manager for the area, for all the support staff and volunteers engaged with us through Generate Ministries, for the School Communities and of course for our Board of member churches being led by Graeme, as we work through all the changing nuances that impact every aspect of this mission work – particularly as we have just begun Term 3. Pray for wisdom, discernment, boldness and courage, receptivity to the Holy Spirit’s lead and that souls will be exposed to the grace, favour and mercy of Father God.
- Karen’s Previous Mentor, Boss and Friend Sue – whom we prayed for last year when we discovered her grave health prognosis. Praise to the Lord as we report to you that recent scans show 90% of what were considered stage 4 tumours are gone and the rest are dissipating. Sue is incredibly well and wants to thank us for our part in faithfully praying for her healing.
- Angilley’s – Zarah has been unwell but recovering quickly now. Caleb has secured work at Uni of Qld til the end of 2021 and Baby Stellah is growing too fast. We faithfully pray for this family that God so wonderfully and graciously gave us relationship with through this last couple of years.
- Julie Bell – our extended family member who is the step-mum of Rob and Sharon’s son-in-law. Has had a few weeks of health and medication challenges starting to sort out now but still feeling the impact from a recent concussion. We pray into these things for Julie and she passes on her love, prayers and hopes for us here at CCC.
- Mark Beaton – one of our ministry partners at Corrimal Regional UC, married to Lou, cousin of Julie, Donna and Sandi is having some worrying health issues and asks us to pray – with an important exploratory procedure scheduled for 30 July. Please pray.
- Other Prayers – Of course, we continue to pray for our church family who have needed prayer support over recent months; Dot, Harry, Joy, Elsie, Ken, Beverly and Christian (who is smack in the middle of Sydney), Josie, Linda, Kylie, Nicky, Dragan, June, Heather and Mick (who is at the front line health response in SW Sydney), Judy, Betro and Soyoung and others of our family who are in need of a touch from heaven AND we of course pray for safe journeys and refreshing times for those of our family whom we know are still traveling at present, recently returned or are just about to venture off.
- Please keep praying for all of the wonderful people connected with our church family as we stand together during this new season of the battle for souls. We thank God for His encouragement, His healing touch and His mercy, grace and protection.Of course if you have any thing you feel confident to ask us to SHARE in prayer for, please call, send a text or email Gary on 0412 461 837 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and he will faithfully engage our network of pray-ers.
Love & blessings
On behalf of the Team